Terms of Agreement
Discussion Rules & Etiquette
Thank you for being part of the DCAT Connect community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree to the terms and conditions of this agreement, which is a legally binding agreement between you and DCAT. You agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines contained in this agreement. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the site administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org
. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- As an employee of a DCAT member companies you are eligible to participate in the DCAT Connect community. However, you should check with your employer that you have permission to participate and be aware that what you say on this site may be considered the opinion of your employer unless otherwise stated.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message. All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
The Legal Stuff
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list.” Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
This site is provided as a service for the members of The Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association (DCAT). DCAT is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by DCAT or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall DCAT be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants DCAT and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers. This is in agreement with the DCAT organization’s Antitrust Policy (click here to view
DCAT does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of DCAT we will take all appropriate action.
DCAT reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by this agreement.
This site, including, without limitation, documents, articles, news items, newsletters, press releases, event listings and related graphics published on or accessible through this site may contain errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including, without limitation, technical inaccuracies and typographical errors. DCAT reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions; although, DCAT will not have an obligation to make any such corrections. DCAT reserves the right to change or update information contained on this site at any time without prior notice to you. Without limitation of any other provisions of this agreement, DCAT will not be liable to you for any omissions or for any inaccuracies or errors contained on this site, including, without limitation, for any inaccuracies or errors contained in documents, articles, news items, press releases, event listings or related graphics published on or accessible through this site.
You agree to comply with and keep intact all copyright notices, trademark notices, information and restrictions contained on this site or contained in any content or materials available on or accessed through this site. Except as may otherwise be expressly provided on this site, you are prohibited from copying, downloading, modifying, publishing, transmitting, transferring, selling, licensing, reproducing, creating derivative works of, distributing, displaying or in any way exploiting or making commercial use of any articles, news items, newsletters or other similar content or materials published by DCAT on or through this site, unless you obtain the prior written consent of DCAT in each instance or unless any such restriction(s) on use is prohibited by applicable law.
NOTICE OF CLAIMED COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.
The site is hosted by Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association, Inc. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the name and address with the U.S. Copyright Office in Washington D.C. (as registered as of March 10, 2014) for the Designated Agent to receive notification of claimed infringement for DCAT is:
Margaret M. Timony
Drug, Chemical & Associated Technologies Association, Inc.
One Union St., Ste. 208
Robbinsville, NJ 08691
If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on this site, written notices of claimed infringement of copyright should be sent to the address listed above. Please be aware that the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C.) § 512(c)(3)) requires that notices of claimed infringement must include certain minimal information. For more information about copyright law, the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and the elements required in a notice of claimed infringement, please see the U.S. Copyright Office web site at http://www.copyright.gov